Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tha difference betweens the womens and the goils is the degradation

Three sketches for today (got a new sketchpad and felt like diving into some serious art-type schtick). The first is a pic of Dethklok done in pencil. I suck at drawing guitars, which is why they're obscured.

I've decided to start asking friends to give me whatever combination of an adjective and a noun, then trying to draw it out. These are done much quicker, and have the potential to be odd. I'm hoping this'll keep me on my toes creatively. The first was a friend of mine who blurted out "tiny Sagat", and lo, a piece of fan art that shouldn't be has been birthed.


Next up is an entry from the girlfriend. "Slimy Tonsils". I only now realize I spelled it wrong, and I'll write it up as some kind of artistic reinterpretation of the word. As you can see, I took the easy way out, and drew from Dragon Quest as source material. I tried doing another version of a guy with stuff oozing from his mouth, but I think that's a little too far off the mark.

No comments: